There are two directions I can take the blog and I think I will work at both.
1. I am trying to get back into reading more academic work. There has been a lot published since I graduated and I would like to see how the literature has changed. I have three books sitting at home with bookmarks waiting to be finished. So that's where I will start.
- Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong - I finished yesterday
- Hunger of Memory: The Education of Richard Rodriguez an autobiography - I should finish today or tomorrow
- Body by Weimar: Athletes, Gender, and German Modernity by Erik Jensen - I'm on page 52 and would like to finish before classes start next week
2. Kid's books. My boys are reading so differently right now. And finding age-appropriate and interest-appropriate books is a challenge - but a challenge I love. Maybe not every book, but when something jumps out, I will post about what catches their interest.
And I won't ignore my own books completely. If there's something particularly engaging or worth discussing, I will still post it.
Happy New Year!