Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hiatus?

Sorry for being gone for most of the past three months. I have hit a wall with blogging about what I read. I finish a decent book and thing, how much can I say about this series that I haven't already said three times before? Or I read a book for leisure, finish and think: enjoyable. Enough said. So many people blog so much that I am feeling lost in the shuffle of excess.

There are two directions I can take the blog and I think I will work at both.

1. I am trying to get back into reading more academic work. There has been a lot published since I graduated and I would like to see how the literature has changed. I have three books sitting at home with bookmarks waiting to be finished. So that's where I will start.
  • Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong - I finished yesterday
  • Hunger of Memory: The Education of Richard Rodriguez an autobiography - I should finish today or tomorrow
  • Body by Weimar: Athletes, Gender, and German Modernity by Erik Jensen - I'm on page 52 and would like to finish before classes start next week
2. Kid's books. My boys are reading so differently right now. And finding age-appropriate and interest-appropriate books is a challenge - but a challenge I love. Maybe not every book, but when something jumps out, I will post about what catches their interest.

And I won't ignore my own books completely. If there's something particularly engaging or worth discussing, I will still post it.

Happy New Year!

No comments: