I started by pulling books off my Goodreads to-read list. Those are books that I have added over the past year when friends have recommended them. Here is our list:
- Winter in June (Rosie Winter #3) by Kathryn Miller Haines - part of a good 1940s mystery series
- Chrysalids by John Wyndham - classic sci fi recommended by a friend
- Passage by Connie Willis - sci fi by one of my all-time favorite authors
- Sleep, Pale Sister by Joanne Harris - fiction by the author of Chocolat; a great author
- The People of Sparks (Book of Ember #2) by Jeanne DuPrau - second book in kids fantasy series
- Wolf Who Rules by Wen Spencer - second book in the light, fun fantasy series
- (a handful of heavy sci fi picked out by hubby that I may read depending on his recommendations)
- Boneshaker by Cherie Priest - steampunk
- Bread Baker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhart - mmmm, baguettes...
Thanks to the friends who have recommended the above books. And keep your eyes posted to this page (because I know you live and die by my blog) for reviews of my Christmas book list.